Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A day in the life of my cat

At school our writing task is to write about what being our pet would be like. This is a day in the life of my cat lacy. It is bending the truth so don't beleive all of it. I like writing narritives and this is mostly one. I hope you like it.


A day in the life of lacy
 I woke up with the sun shining on my back, and I thought “not another human filled day”. I walk up to the door and start scratching on it “MEOW”. That should get their attention. I wait at the door but nothing happens. “MEOW”. Finally the curtain is pulled back and my humans are looking at me very grumpily. They open the door and I jump inside and nestle down onto a giant weird soft elevated sitting device. Just as I get comfy a human comes along and  starts having a discussion with another human. A plate of food is put on the table in front of me and just as I am about to put my head up to start eating it, the sitting device tips up and I go sliding onto the floor. No respect I say.

With that food incident I am starting to get hungry. I walk over to the nearest human and meow at them. It looks like they are holding food so I follow them out the door. They walk straight past my food bowl and over to my rivals, the chickens. I’ll show those humans who is more important. I sprint to the chicken run and jump over the fence. The chickens are startled and start running away, but I’m faster. “SQUAK SQUAK”. I catch up to them and pin them to the ground. A victory for the cat. I look back at the human who is charging at me waving a spanner. I am not easily defeated. I charge at the human who is very surprised and disarm him. I turn around to finish the battle, But then I am picked up by the collar and taken back to the house.

The humans have put the food in the bowl but now they won’t let me outside. I am content to find a way to get out and until then it is war with the humans. A blue mouse has been dropped on my head several times and when a blue mouse is dropped on your head you just have to play with it. But this is war so I must focus on taking the food bowl. One of the humans hands isn dangling off the edge of the couch and I know what to do. I need those hands to open the door. Charge. DONK. the hand moved one second before I got there and I went thudding into the couch. I land on the floor and crawl back to my base, the Curtain. As I am plotting my next move one of the humans is staring at me and it is kind of weird. All of a sudden it starts to walk towards my base. I am ready to defend it at all costs, but then something strange happens. The human opens the door. Well I’m not waiting to get killed, I ran right out of there and to the food bowl. Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.